Becoming and EMT-Basic is no easy task. You spend hours in the classroom, hours of ride-time on the ambulance and time in the ER. The entire experience can be stressful. After the long and demanding journey to obtain your certification the last thing you need is added stress during your practical exam.
This video is an example of one of the stations in Knightlite Software's "Ace Your EMT Basic Practical Exam." This 2 DVD set helps EMT-Basic candidates prepare for their National Registry Practical Exam. There is over 3 hours of instruction, and 21 stations based on the National Registry Skill Sheets.
Please Note: Except for the O2 & CPR stations, we did not have the O2 flowing, and that is why the bag is not inflated. Shooting several takes for 21 stations over 4 days using real O2 would be quite expensive. We simulated some things, like not actually shooting the gunshot victim. In all of the stations we followed the NR Skill sheets from beginning to end. That was the script. You need only "indicate appropriate O2 therapy." Its not a critical criteria as it would be in the O2 Admin station for instance
For More Information Visit: http://www.knightlite.com/ace1/
2) Airway, Oxygen, and Ventilation
3) Bag-Valve-Mask/Apneic Patient
4) Bleeding Control/Shock Management
5) Cardiac Arrest Management/AED
6) Immobilization Skills/Joint Injury
7) Immobilization Skills/Long Bone Injury
8) Immobilization Skills/Traction Splinting
9) Mouth To Mask With Supplemental O2
10) Oxygen Administration
11) Spinal Immobilization/Seated Patient
12) Spinal Immobilization/Supine Patient
13) Ventilatory Management/Endotracheal Intubation
14) Knightlite EMT-Basic Study Helper Demo
1) Patient Assessment/Trauma
2) Patient Assessment/Medical - Cardiac
3) Medical - Respiratory
4) Medical - Altered Mental Status
5) Medical - Allergic Reaction
6) Medical - Poisoning/Overdose
7) Medical - Environmental Emergency
8) Medical - Obstetrics
9) Medical - Behavior
Relax And Build Confidence:
Veteran Paramedic Instructor and Knightlite content writer Gary Havican guides you through each station.
During your Practical Exam, you are likely to get at least one Medical Station. But which one will you get? Knightlite includes 8 Medical Stations in this instructional video, so you can prepare for 8 different scenarios. This helps you build a rhythm and a style that you can apply to any medical station you are challenged with.
The key to performing well on your practical, and gaining the confidence that you need is through repetition. Watch the DVD over and over again, either on your TV or when sitting at your computer. Perform the stations along with Gary.
Start Preparing For Your Practical Exam NOW! Dont Wait Until The Last Minute To Prepare. Re-Testing Adds More Stress And Expense
The DVD retails for $59.95.
You can order it by calling Knightlite at 1-800-707-9875 or order it online at:
To prepare for your written exam try Knightlite Software's "Signal 18 EMT- Basic Study Helper. This is the best study software available for preparing for your EMT-Basic Written Exam.
Click Here For Information: http://www.knightlite.com/ace1/