2. Learn the music and make a video of yourself playing it.
3. Post the video on YouTube.com by midnight (Eastern Standard Time) on December 31, 2011.
**IMPORTANT** you must tag the video with the following phrase: David Lang Piano Competition 2011
4. Once tagged by you after uploading, all videos will be posted here. Encourage your friends to make comments on their favorites!
5. A panel of judges, including Vicky Chow, Jeremy Denk, Lisa Moore, and Andrew Zolinsky will review all the videos and choose a winner. (All decisions by the panel are final and may not be challenged.)
6. The winner will be flown to New York for a performance of music by David Lang at the famed club Le Poisson Rouge, on Sunday, May 6, 2012. The winner will play wed and will also give the premiere of a new piece by Lang for piano 4-hands, to be premiered with pianist Andrew Zolinsky. The winner will receive free airfare, 2 nights hotel in New York, and a small honorarium.
7. The competition is not responsible for the arrangements of visas, work papers, entrance papers, or any immigration fees.