5 Things Every Prepper Needs . . . A Dad's Perspective
Prepare NOW to be Prepared!
What is YOUR plan?
Your most valuable tools are your brain and common sense!
• Planning and preparedness will lead to confidence
• Confidence and preparedness will lead to a calm and level-headed approach in times of need
• Common sense and a level-headed approach will lead to survival
1. Prepping Plan
• Plan for consistent stocking preparedness supplies
• Family Contingency Planning
• Short Term Plan 72 Hours
• Long Term Plan - Extended Preps
2. COMMS Plan
• Family COMM Plan
• Cell Phone / FRS / GMRS / MURS
• AM / FM / Weather Radios -- Stay in Touch with What is Happening!
• Network COMM Plan
• Practice COMM modalities FRS / GRMS / MURS / HAM
• FREQUENCY LIST
• Emergency New Broadcast
• Local LE / EMS / FIRE / AMBULANCE
• National Weather Service
• HAM Radio UHF / VHF / HF
3. Trusted Support Network
• YOU CAN'T DO THIS YOURSELF!
• Develop a Trusted Support Network
• Develop a Skill Reference List for your Trusted Support Network
4. Reference Archive
• BOOKS: Cooking, Canning, Food Preservation / Medical / Homesteading / Practical Skills
• TEXT: Backup PDF Documents from online sources in preparation for loss of Internet
• VIDEO RESOURCES: Backup video from online sources in preparation for loss of Internet
5. MED Plan
• Supplies to care for your family
• Extended supply of routine medications OTC / RX
• Basic / Advanced First Aid Supplies
• Hygiene Supplies
• Supplies to supplement care for your Trusted Support Network