Spellyfish continues his underwater adventure in Spellyfish Phonics - Short I Words.
Have your child join Spellyfish the jellyfish on his fun underwater phonics adventure covering words containing the short /i/ sound! Spellyfish teaches your child the sounds and letter names of the alphabet along with how to blend these sounds into short consonant-vowel-consonant words containing the letter 'i'.
Your child' experience can be customized to help them learn how to recognize both the lower case and upper case letters of the alphabet. In addition he/she will learn about the starting sounds of words and how the ending sounds of words can make some words rhyme with each other.
Spellyfish 'I' words is aligned with the US Common Core State Standards for building foundational skills in reading for Kindergarten, teaching the phonological and phonemic awareness skills children need for obtaining literacy in both reading and spelling.
Your child will learn how to spell consonant-vowel-consonant (CVC) words that contain the letter 'I' and the short /i/ sound. This includes words such as big, sit, hit, etc.
Recommended ages: 4-6
- All words are beautifully illustrated.
- Words are presented and used in context by the adorable and friendly Spellyfish!
- An introduction list guides students on how to use the app.
- Word lists organized by rhymes (rimes) and onsets.
- A powerful phonics hint feature breaks each word down into individual phonemes and then presents the allowable graphemes that correspond to each sound.
- The hint feature also contains contextually relevant spelling rules that help explain "how to spell" English words.
- A unique letter by letter feedback system provides feedback while the student is in the process of spelling each word.
- Supportive scaffolding guarantees success on every word.
- Supports up to 40 user accounts for classroom and family learning.
- Tracks your child's progress to allow you to see at a glance words that he/she has mastered and words that require further practice.
- Export & email student progress reports.
- Resumes from where children last left off.
- Presents both upper and lower case letters.
- Presents both letter sounds and letter names.
- Supports both alphabetic and QWERTY keyboard layouts.
KNOW WHAT'S INSIDE
As a MOMs with Apps member, we follow the
"Know what's inside" best practices for kids' apps
We care about your child's privacy.
- Does not contain 3rd party ads.
- Does not share any data.
- Does not track your child's location.
- Does not contain In-App purchases.
- Does not contain links to social media.
- Does not contain push notifications.
- Contains in app links to view a safe enclosed version of the developer's website for additional information, support and teaching tips.
- Contains child protected links that allow you to : "email the developer questions and feedback" and to rate the app.
Spellyfish Phonics - Short I Words