Corn Sev Puris, innovative and delicious version of sev puris!! (English Video)
Recipe link : http://www.tarladalal.com/Corn-Sev-Pu...
Subscribe : http://goo.gl/omhUio
Tarla Dalal App: http://www.tarladalal.com/free-recipe...
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TarlaDala...
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/1078836208487...
Tarla Dalal Blogspot: http://tarladalal.blogspot.in/
Corn Sev Puris
Street food enters your kitchen, and in a new corn-rich avatar! papadis or little puris are topped with sweet corn and crunchy onions, and spiked with a tangy ajwain-flavoured tomato chutney.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 7 minutes
Makes 5 plates
1 cup nylon sev
1/3 cup fresh pomogranate
For The Tomato Chutney
2 cups fresh tomato pulp , refer handy tip
2 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
a pinch of asafoetida (hing)
1 tsp garlic (lehsun) paste
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp sugar
salt to taste
To Be Mixed Together Into A Corn Topping
1 cup boiled sweet corn kernels (makai ke dane)
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
1/4 cup finely chopped tomatoes
1 1/2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp chaat masala
salt to taste
For The Garnish
5 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
For the tomato chutney
1. Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the carom seeds and allow them to crackle.
2. When the seeds crackle, add asafoetida and garlic paste, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
3. Add the tomato pulp, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally. .
4. Add the chilli powder, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
5. Remove from the flame, transfer to a bowl and keep aside.
How to proceed
1. Arrange 6 papadis on a serving plate.
2. Top each papadi with 2 tsp of the corn topping and 1 ½ tsp of tomato chutney over it.
3. Sprinkle ½ tsp of pomegranate and 1 ½ tsp of sev over each papadi.
4. Repeat steps 1 to 3 to make 4 more plates.
5. Serve immediately garnished with coriander.
1. Take 8 medium sized tomatoes, put them in boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes, remove from the flame and drain them. Peel and deseed the tomatoes and blend in a mixer till smooth.