Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Published on Jan 11, 2010
Today marks a sad day in Hamilton history as one of the last vaudeville era theaters in Ontario is to be torn down. Originally built in 1913 & known as the Lyric this 2000 seat theater saw many vaudeville acts including the Marx brothers.The theater was remodeled twice once in 1922 and again in 1940. It became a single screen movie theater in the 40's when it was bought by 20th Century Theaters. & renamed the Century. Further remodeling came when ownership switched to Famous players in 1979. The theater closed in 1989 and has remain vacant since. recently, the roof collapsed and the building was set to be demolished. look for more footage and memories of the Theater soon.