Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Published on Apr 9, 2013
After experimenting with discharging a capacitor, I noticed that the plastic insulation on crimp terminals fluoresces after being struck by the radiation from the spark. I've never encountered this effect before and I do not know what is causing it.
I first thought it was a fluorescent plastic and was reacting to the intense UV light emitted by the spark, but under direct UV light the plastic does nothing. I cannot externally replicate the conditions which cause this phenomenon.
If you know why this might be happening, I'd very much like to learn about it. Please let me know!
Channel owned and operated by Dan the Man. www.DantheMan.weebly.com. Proudly a member of the Fullscreen community. Thank you for your support, you're all awesome!