He's an Indian businessman, investor, philanthropist and chairman Emeritus of Tata Sons.
He was the chairman of Tata Group, a Mumbai-based conglomerate from 1991–2012.
In 2014-15, the revenue of Tata companies, taken together, was $108.78 billion.
He's Ratan Tata and here are his Top 10 Rules for Success.
* Join my BELIEVE newsletter: http://www.evancarmichael.com/newslet...
1. Communicate with your employees
He began his schooling in Mumbai at the Campion School and finished his secondary education at the Cathedral and John Connon School.
2. Take chances
He completed his B.S. in architecture with structural engineering from Cornell University in 1962, and the Advanced Management Program from Harvard Business School in 1975.
He began his career in the Tata group in 1961. He initially started on the shop floor of Tata Steel, shovelling limestone and handling the blast furnace.
4. Build trust
In 1991, J. R. D. Tata stepped down as Chairman of Tata Sons, naming Ratan as his successor.
5. Be humble
Under his stewardship, Tata Tea acquired Tetley, Tata Motors acquired Jaguar Land Rover and Tata Steel acquired Corus, which have turned Tata from a largely India-centric company into a global business, with 65% revenues coming from abroad.
6. Have heroes
He was instrumental in the development of Tata Nano, largely dubbed as the world's cheapest passenger car.
7. Be yourself
He retired from all executive responsibility in the Tata group on 28 December 2012, his 75th birthday, and he was succeeded by Cyrus Mistry.
8. Make a difference
He has retired but he is still seen working. Recently, he invested his personal savings in Snapdeal- one of India's leading e-commerce website.
9. Be motivated by competition
He is currently the chairman Emeritus of Tata Sons. He continues to serve as the chairman of the main two Tata trusts which hold 66% of shares in the group holding company Tata Sons.
10. Do what can't
be doneHe is on the jury panel of Pritzker Architecture Prize – considered to be one of the world's premier architecture prizes.
please make a video about Ratan Tata
WHAT IS BTA?
* Find out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsY8b...
* Subscribe to my channel: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_c...
* Leave a comment, thumbs up the video (please!)
* Suppport me: http://www.evancarmichael.com/support/
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/evancarmichael
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/EvanCarmicha...
* Google+: https://plus.google.com/1084697716903...
* Website: http://www.evancarmichael.com
* About: http://www.evancarmichael.com/about/
* Guides: http://www.evancarmichael.com/zhuge/
* Coaching: http://www.evancarmichael.com/movement/
* Speaking: http://www.evancarmichael.com/speaking/
* Gear: http://evancarmichael.com/gear
* #Entspresso - Weekdays at 7am EST : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...
* Lunch & Earn - Weekdays at 12pm EST: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...
* Top 10 Rules for Success - Weekdays at 8pm EST: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...
* #Entvironment - Saturdays at 7am EST: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...
* #EvansBook - Saturdays at 8pm EST: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...
* #BelieveLife - Sundays at 7am EST: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...
* Life with Evan - Sundays at 8pm EST: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...