New York Times bestselling author Brandon Sanderson writes a chapter from Words of Radiance, the sequel to The Way of Kings, to be published in late 2013 (hopefully) or early 2014.
This is the real-time version. After all of the videos have been uploaded we'll make a high-speed version of the chapter.
Music used by permission:
1. Neil Benjamin -- Chrono Trigger "Far Away Memories" -- Download it at http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR01247/
2. Tyler Heath, zircon -- Chrono Trigger "When All Hope Has Faded" -- Download it at http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR01258/
3. FFmusic Dj -- Breath of Fire "Sad Melody" -- Download it at http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR00628/
4. Suzumebachi -- Chrono Trigger "Forever" -- Download it at http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR00973/
5. djpretzel -- Chrono Trigger "Revival Day Impoetus" -- Download it at http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR00077/
Yes, three of those are different arrangements of the same song, and two are even in the same key.
This is not the music Brandon listened to while writing this scene, though this music is in his playlist. This scene was actually written to the following songs:
Boston Pops Orchestra, "White Christmas"
Billy Vaughn, "O Tannenbaum"
Jim Brickman, "O Christmas Tree"
Enya, "Oíche Chiúin [Silent Night]"
Arthur Fiedler & Leo Litwin, "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy"
Trans-Siberian Orchestra, "O Holy Night"
Bodhi, "Odessa I"
Recorded using Camtasia courtesy of TechSmith.
Encoded for YouTube using a combination of Audacity, the qtrle lossless codec in ffmpeg, and qt_export.