Check my blog here: http://www.bengalicurry.com/
This is a delicious Indian appetizer, Egg Cutlet. It is called Dim Chop in Bengali. Also you can call it Egg Pakora. It is easy to make and does not take much time as well. Try this recipe and let me know if you like it.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Boiled Egg : 1 piece cut into half
Onion : 1/4 of a small size chopped
Green chili : 1 piece chopped
Peanut : 1/4 cups crushed
Cilantro : 1 small bunch chopped
Potato : 1 large size boiled
Turmeric Powder : 1/4 tea spoon
Chili Powder : 1/2 tea spoon
Cumin and Coriander : 1/2 tea spoon powder mix
Garam Masala : 1/4 tea spoon
Chat Masala : 1/4 tea spoon
Salt : to taste
Bread Crumbs : approximately 1 cup for coating
Egg : 1 piece for coating
Mastered oil : 1 tea spoon for masala
Oil : for deep frying
1. Put turmeric powder, chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala, Chat masala, salt, chopped cilantro and chopped green chili on the boiled potato.
2. Smash boiled potato and mix all spices together very well with it.
3. Put a pan on the oven and add 1 tea spoon of cooking oil.
4. When the oil is hot, add crushed peanuts and chopped onion.
5. Fry these until onions are dark brown and peanuts are light brown color.
6. Then add smashed boiled potato mix with spices.
7. Fry all these on the pan for approximately 1 minute.
8. Use the potato mix and cover the boiled half egg with it and make a nice egg like shape. Do same for the 2nd half of the egg.
9. Break the other egg on a small bowl and mix egg yolk and white together.
10. Put the cutlet into the egg mix and apply the mix nicely. Now put it on the bread crumbs and apply coating of bread crumbs.
11. Put a deep frying pan or kadai on the oven and pour oil on it. We need sufficient oil so that the cutlet can be deep fried.
12. When the oil on the kadai is medium hot, add 2 cutlet pieces on it.
13. Let the cutlet fry until they turn into nice brown color.
14. Once these cutlets are done, pick them up and let the excess oil drain from the surface of cutlet.
15. Enjoy this delicious egg cutlet or Dim Chop (Bengali) or Egg Pakora appetizer with some tomato sauce and salad.