Made by Kevin Fox Films http://www.kevinfoxfilms.com
Bill Jackson honored as the 2011 Livestock Man of the Year at Grand National Rodeo, Horse and Livestock Show in San Francisco, California.
Bill is a fifth generation California on his mother's
side. The Roddens came to California during the
pre-gold rush era and became active in the livestock
industry in 1875. Bill has been active in livestock
operations all of his life. His father and grandfather
were livestock people with cow/calf/stocker/feeder and
feed lot operations in the Oakdale, California area. He
worked in these operations until his graduation from
The University of Oregon when he started his own
With the passing of his grandfather, Vernon A. Rodden,
the family merged their operation with the operations
of Bill and his father's into one large cow/calf, feed
lot and stocker/feeder program V. A. Rodden, Inc.
Bill was named CEO of the family organization with
headquarters in Oakdale. They have fed and pastured
cattle in Oregon, Idaho, Nevada, Arizona, and Northern
California. He has built his heard from all western
states and Canada and Mexico.
Since the family merger in 1988, Bill has expanded the
operation to include farming with considerable acreage
in walnuts, almonds, rice, grapes and oat silage.
Bill is an exultant example of what the "Livestock Person of the year" should be made of.
If this has not painted the picture for you look at this long list of achievements;
- Robert Louis Stevenson High School • Pebble Beach Ca.
- University of Oregon
- Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America
- Chi Psi Fraternity, President 1972-1973
- University of Oregon Crew Team, 1969-1972
- Oakdale Rural Fire District, Board Member & President 1991-2008
- San Joaquin-Stanislas California Cattlemen's Association,
Board Member and President 1991-2008
- California Cattlemen's Association, State Board of Directors 2004-2008
- California Beef Council Member and Chair, 2002-Present '05 Chair,
Executive Committee 2001-2007
- Central Catholic High School Foundation Board Member 1998-2007
- Presidents Club of Stanislaus County, 2004-Present
- National Cattlemen's Beef Association, board of Directors 2004-Present
- Regional Vice President of Federation of State Beef Councils 2008-2010
- Operating Committee 2007. Vice Chair of Food Services Committee 2006-2008
- Budget Committee 2007
- CCA Cattleman of the Year, 2005 - San Joaquin and Stanislaus County
Video by: Kevin Fox Films. To Inform, Educate and Entertain. http://www.kevinfoxfilms.com/ We have dedicated the last 7 years to sharing the history of farming, ranching and cowboy culture through film and other media.