Masala Dosa, famous South Indian dish!
Recipe link : http://www.tarladalal.com/Masala-Dosa...
Subscribe : http://goo.gl/omhUio
Tarla Dalal App: http://www.tarladalal.com/free-recipe...
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TarlaDala...
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/1078836208487...
Tarla Dalal Blogspot: http://tarladalal.blogspot.in/
A tried-and-tested recipe that serves as a wholesome answer to the hungry palate! a thin crisp dosa, engulfed in a spicy potato bhaji.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Makes 4 dosas
For the aloo masala (makes Approx. 1 1/3 Cups)
1 1/4 cups boiled and peeled potato cubes
1 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
1/2 tsp split urad dal (split black lentils)
1 tsp finely chopped green chillies
7 to 8 curry leaves (kadi patta)
1/2 cup thinly sliced onions
salt to taste
1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1 tsp lemon juice
a pinch of sugar
1 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
1 1/2 cups readymade dosa batter
salt to taste
9 tsp butter for greasing and cooking
For the masala
1. Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
2. When the seeds crackle, add the urad dal and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
3. Add the green chillies, curry leaves and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
4. Add the potatoes, salt, turmeric powder, lemon juice and sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
5. Add the coriander, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
6. Allow it to cool.
7. Once cooled, mash lightly with the back of the spoon and keep aside.
How to proceed
1. Combine the dosa batter, salt and a little water, mix well and keep aside.
2. Heat a tava /non-stick tava (griddle), grease it lightly with ¼ tsp butter, sprinkle a little water on it (it should sizzle immediately) and wipe off using a wet piece of cloth.
3. Pour ¼th of the batter on the tava (griddle) and spread in a circular motion to make a 175 mm. (7") thin dosa.
4. Smear 2 tsp of butter on the edges of the dosa
5. Spread ¼th of the the prepared aloo masala evenly over the dosa using a spatula and cook till the dosa turns golden brown in colour.
6. Fold over while pressing it lightly, using a spatula to make a flat roll.
7. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more dosas.
8. Serve immediately with coconut chutney.