Turn on annotations!
1:40 Building primary component: The Pyramid
3:52 Building The Trigger, The Sand Fuse, and The Canal
Building something flammable like a tree house or giant wool sheep sculpture? Insure your creation with this, a functional sprinkler system. The specs can get confusing, so here's a summary:
1) Figure out how many layers you will need to cover your creation, and build the bottom layer first. Remember these rules.
2) The first layer will always have a diameter of 1 block.
The second layer will always have a diameter of 3 blocks.
The third layer will always have a diameter of 5 blocks.
And so on...
3) Layers of odd numbers must always have a solid block at their center.
Layers of even numbers must always have a block of air at their center.
4) Make sure to leave a layer of air for water to expand.
5) To build ascending layers, simply put a block above the previous layer's air blocks.
6) Your trigger can be anything removable, really, but I just like using a torch. I also prefer to protect it with a glass block so I don't accidentally trigger it.
Finally, you can set this to go off automatically if you connect a flammable fuse to your creation, so the sand drops when the fire lights the fuse. This might be a good idea if your neighbor builds a fireplace or lava moat near your treehouse =/
These amazing songs are "Door" and "Moog City", off of C418's Minecraft: Volume Alpha album. Purchase the whole album here for only $4:
"Like" The Minecraft Muse on Facebook. It's the best way to ask me questions or talk to me, and you'll get notified each time I upload a new video!
To donate to The Minecraft Muse, send payments to email@example.com
Currently, all donations will go towards improving the quality of my videos.
In return for your generosity, I will include a plaque on the Chickenator 5000 that says whatever you want.
To tell me what you want your plaque to say, include it in your paypal transaction (Under the "optional message" area). I can't make any promises regarding matching your paypal address to your comments or messages.
Remember, signs can have 4 rows of 15 characters each.
If you don't want your own sign, just leave the message area blank.
Thanks in advance!