Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Published on Mar 19, 2009
http://www.trendhunter.com/tv - High School Musical meets Grease, advertising with dead celebs and history through LEGO. Today we hunt: Retro Revival
10. Make-up artist Kevyn Aucoin revived old Hollywood by turning todays celebs into stars of the past, like Calista Flockhart into Audrey Hepburn, Gwyneth Paltrow as James Dean, Winona Ryder as Elizabeth Taylor and Hilary Swank into Raquel Welch.
9. Vanity Fair paid homage to Alfred Hitchcock by recreating scenes from 11 of his most famous films. Naomi Watts went back to 1964 for Marnie, Charlize Theron channeled Grace Kelly in Dial M for Murder while Scarlett Johansson got into her character in Rear Windows.
8. The cast of High School musical recreated famous scenes from Grease for a retro-cool photo shoot in Elle Magazine. Is Vanessa Hudgens the new Olivia Newton-John?
7. James Dean, Marlon Brando, Lucille Ball and Dean Martin have returend in this campaign for Armstrong laminate floors. Their slogan? It only looks like the real thing.
6. Jessica Simpson recreated a 1964 Esquire Magazine cover, posing like Italian actress Virna Lisi.
5. Mike Stimpson used LEGO to recreate famous photo journalism shots. David Dunsmore, used LEGO to recreate Beatles album covers, and Italian photographer Marco Pece used LEGO to recreated famous paintings. (x3 trends)
4. Lindsay Lohan posed in New York Magazine inspired by Marilyn Monroes 1962 naked—and drunk—photoshoot, The Last Sitting. Lohan says it was partially done as a tribute to Heath Ledger who died of an overdose last year.
3. These celebrity remake paintings might actually get teens interested in art history; they showcase Natalie Portman as Raffaellos Madonna of Granduca, Angelina Jolie as Emile Vernons Among the Blossoms. Elvis as Jean Augustine's Paul Lemoyne, Julia Roberts as Sophie Andersons Young Girl Fixing her Hair and Scarlett Johannson as The Lady in Blue.
2. Inspired by the remake of 1939 classic film, The Women, V magazine shot Jessica Stam, Guinevere Van Seenus, Lily Donaldson and Hilary Rhoda playing the catty, rich and bored women originally played by Norma Shearer, Joan Crawford and Rosaline Russel.
1. And at number one, While Tyra Banks dressed as the new Mrs O for Harpers Bazaar last year, Kate Beckinsale dressed as retro First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy for the 2009 Inauguration Issue of Capitol File. (x2 trends)
Video of the day: Sleeveface (go about 1 minute in)