War of the Roses Behind-the-Scenes Film Features Dangerous Sword Fights and Americans Driving Dangeroulsy in England
NEW YORK -- July 11, 2012 -- Hark, who goes there? It's just us, an American and a Swede invading your land, United Kingdom. Paradox Interactive and Fatshark today released the first video in a new series of trailers for action melee combat title War of the Roses, giving an extensive behind the scenes look into the key locales and architecture of medieval England that have helped draw inspiration for the upcoming melee game.
Shot documentary-style on location in York, senior producer Gordon Van Dyke and lead designer Mårten Stormdal don armor and ransack the now peaceful city, enabling viewers to see firsthand the buildings, landscapes, armor, and lore that will become a part of War of the Roses when the game launches later this year.
War of the Roses is a team based third person action game set in 15th century England. Two rival branches of the Royal House of Plantagenet - the house of Lancaster (the reds) and the house of York (the whites) -- fight over the throne, and the player is thrown into the fray.
About the game:
The years of 1455-1485 in England is an extraordinary setting filled with conflict, treachery and bloodshed. In the wake of the "death of chivalry" at Agincourt in 1415 and the introduction of gunpowder, warfare changed; the gloves came off, so to speak. The old and the new clashed on the battlefield while personal vendettas persistently motivated the desire for war. War of The Roses sees players go toe-to-toe with their opponents using authentic and visceral weapons of the time period including broad swords, long bows and battle-axes.
* Over 30 authentic weapons across 10 weapon categories. Everything from Billhooks to Bastard swords, Longbows to Lances!
* Customize your gear: choose fighting style, blade type, metal type, and much more!
* Over a dozen customizable helmets. Paint your helmet, attach crests, plumes, coifs and visors for greater fashion or function.
* Choose armor from 3 different types; light, medium, and heavy. All with their own unique consequences and benefits.
* Over 30 play-style changing perks that let you create truly unique characters with special abilities like eagle eye or shield bash.
* Groundbreaking Mounted Gameplay! Melee combat will never be the same, mount up and experience new tactical and visceral thrills.
* Create your own coat of arms with near limitless combinations as you choose your division, ordinary, charge, and crest.
* Experience a deep leveling system as you rise through the ranks, gaining new titles, weapons, gear, and much more!
* Battle online through 7 historically inspired war zones as you experience the conflict between Lancaster & York first hand.
* Vicious 64 player competition in both Team Death Match and Conquest modes