Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Published on Jan 3, 2009
On the occasion of its 150 year anniversary Barnegat Lighthouse in Barnegat Light NJ has been relighted with a new state of the art lens that is viewable for 20 miles out to sea. The original light was first activated on Jan 1, 1859, but was decommissioned in 1927. Friends of Barnegat Lighthouse State Park collected donations of $20,000 to supply the new light to NJ's most visited lighthouse. It was a cold but exciting evening in the little town of Barnegat Light NJ which hosted an estimated 6,000 people for the event.