Published on Jun 12, 2012
Sex, Etc. is your trusted source for honest sex ed by teens, for teens. We want to know what it's like to be a guy in 2012.
Tell us in your own words what being a man means to YOU. Make a video and respond to the questions below. Your video could be used to improve sex ed for guys across the US. For more info visit http://www.sexetc.org/page/guyvideo
1. In your own words, what does it mean to be a man?
2. From whom have you learned the most about being a guy? What did you learn from him or her?
3. Has religion, faith or spirituality influenced how you think about yourself as a guy? Explain.
4. What have you learned from TV, music movies or video games about "being a man"? What are some of the messages media sends to guys about looks, intelligence or relationships?
5. As a guy, are there opportunities available to you that aren't available to girls? What are they? Do you feel pressured to be a certain way or pursue a particular goal?
6. When it comes to dating, virginity or number of sexual partners, are there double standards for guys and girls? Explain.
7. Are guys supposed to feel and act a certain way? What happens if guys don't act how "they're supposed to"?
8. Have you ever seen someone say or do something homophobic, even if the person doesn't have negative feelings towards people who are lesbian or gay? What happened?
9. Did you have sex ed in your school? What grade would you give it and why? (A, B C, D or F?)
10. What do you want sex ed teachers to know that would help them do a better job of teaching guys?
11. What can schools can do to help guys feel more comfortable learning about and discussing sexuality?
Standard YouTube License