The "Hereafter Musical" soundtrack is available on;
ITUNES at: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/her...
AMAZON at: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006...
- Written by Vinnie Favale & Frankie Keane
- Words & Music by Vinnie Favale
- Vocal Arrangements, Additional Music & Lyrics by Frankie Keane
- Book Consultant; Bill Persky
- Directed & Choreographed by Terry Berliner
- Musical Director & Orchestrator: Lon Hoyt
- Music Supervisor: Bill Hindin
- Music Consultant: Eric Garner
- Set Designer; Daniel Zimmerman
- Lighting Designer; Philip Rosenberg
- Sound Designer; Scott Stauffer
- Costume Designer; Teresa Snider-Stein
- Prop Master; John Knust
Frankie Keane - Deborah Tranelli - Pierce Cravens - Ilene Grossman - Shea Hess - Paul Blankenship - Eileen Faxas - Carolyn Mignini - Cicily Daniels - Emily Jenda - Tanesha Gary
- Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/vinnie.favale
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/vpfavale
- Instagram - http://instagram.com/vpfavale
- Spotify - http://open.spotify.com/artist/0diaLh...
FREE MUSIC STREAM
- Soundcloud - http://snd.sc/rq3CGH
- Bandcamp - http://hereaftermusical.bandcamp.com/...
"Hereafter Musical" is a musical drama (with some light touches) that explores what happens when a loved one dies from the perspective of both the living AND the dead. The sentiment of the show is captured beautifully with the reading of Henry Van Dyke's classic "Parable of Immortality" during the show's prologue;
"I am standing on the seashore. A ship spreads her white sails to the morning breeze and starts for the ocean. I stand watching her until she fades on the horizon. And someone at my side says; "she is gone." Gone where? The loss of sight is in me, not in her. Just at the moment when someone says, "She is gone", there are others who are watching her coming. Other voices take up the glad shout, "Here she comes!" And that is dying."
It is December 1999 and three women have come together at the Middletown, New Jersey home of world-renowned medium, Jason Richards. They are participating in a group reading, desperate to make contact with their lost loved ones. They are hoping for a life after death for not only for the spirits in the hereafter but also for themselves in the here and now.
Unbeknownst to them, the spirits materialize during the reading and, like the living; they are also having a great deal of difficulty moving on. Frustrated at the limbo the state they find themselves in; they are resigned to an afterlife of watching life go on without them. But something happens during the session that convinces the spirits that Jason truly has the gift of communicating with the "other side". During the reading they discover that the only thing keeping them earth bound is their family's need for closure. But
there's a catch, once they make contact, they will ease their family's pain, but they will then disappear into the unknown of the Hereafter.
As the session unfolds, we see the living bond over their shared grief while revealing a side of them that the sprits haven't scene in a long time. And we watch as the spirits struggle with their difficulty in letting go and contemplate their fate if they choose to make contact.
Dealing with the universal theme of life and death, "Hereafter Musical" takes the audience on a special journey filled with tears, laughter and song. And by show's end, it delivers a sense of closure for both the characters AND the audience that is truly a unique and satisfying theatrical experience.