For Car Buying Strategies Using TrueCar And Other Techniques, visit http://www.findthebestcarprice.com
What should you pay for a new car? Most people really don't know.
Sometimes they try to bargain a little bit and hope that they got a good deal.
Truecar provides some certainty in the best car price game.
TrueCar does the hard work of gathering statistics from vehicle sales throughout the U.S. and provides the information that you need in an easy-to-use fashion.
One thing to keep in mind: If you follow what I'm about to tell you, you can do even better than Truecar prices.
While the tool they offer is excellent in finding low priced cars, I recommend that you not stop shopping and bargaining after getting their best local price.
Let me tell you a little more about what Truecar is.
What TrueCar does is provide car price quotes that are guaranteed. Certainly other car buying services provide something similar. However Truecar also shows you what other people paid for the same type of car in your local area.
Truecar makes it very clear what you should pay and they do it by presenting a very clever chart that shows dealer cost and what a good deal is. This is great information to have whether you are buying through Truecar's network or not.
Here's what's great about Truecar:
1. They give you incontestable price quotes on new cars and trucks from local dealers in your area. While other services give you local dealer info, you won't find the clear details on dealer cost and what others are paying.
2. Their graph shows you the real car cost, what others paid on average, and finally the "good deal" price.
3. They also provide a "flexibility score" which shows how much ability you'll have to negotiate with a dealer.
Here's what's not so great:
1. They advise you to take their price to the dealer as is. In other words, they are saying at that point, the game is over. I respectfully disagree. While they do give you a good price, it might not be the best price and you might be able to do better.
2. They only give you three dealers to talk to. This is simply not enough
3. Even though the dealer is providing a price quote, they may not actually have that particular model and trim in stock.
4. Finally, this service does nothing to help you with financing or trade-ins. This is where a lot can go wrong if not done correctly. While Truecar does not do this for you, no other car price service is either so it's really a problem with all of them.
How do you best take advantage of a Truecar report?
Most people will take the report they get from TrueCar and bring it to a local dealership and get the car at that price. That's not bad really. But as I said previously, you can do better. My suggestion is to use the price as a guideline. You definitely want to use their service to locate dealers and get price quotes. But then, you'll want to email each dealer and see if they can beat the best price you've received. This way you might save even more money.
I recommend that you use some of the tactics and strategies that I've outlined in my eBook which you can get here: http://www.findthebestcarprice.com/ebook
Here are some other tips for you.
1. Make sure when you are using TrueCar that you properly configure not only the make and model but all of the options before you get the price quote. This way you are comparing apples to apples.
2. Don't settle for only 3 dealers. Find more and add them to the mix. You can use other services like Edmunds to locate other local dealers.
3. Once you're at the dealership, if they don't have the EXACT model and options that you asked for, don't pay more. As I said, while the price quote is indeed for a particular model with a given set of options, they still might not have the car in stock. Call and check first. Have them give you the VIN number and list the options so you know what you are dealing with.
Be prepared to do more negotiating once you get to the dealership. There's still financing and trade-in that you'll have to handle.
Go to Findthebestcarprice.com for more great tips and strategies on buying a car. http://youtu.be/6bmJTsfoJ7I