Lilva Kachoris are stuffed with baked mixture of pigeon peas (lilva bean) or urad dal (crushed and washed horsebeans), besan (gram flour), black pepper, red chilli pd, salt and other spices and deep fried until done.
lilva is a beans and this a snack made called kachori
a speciality of gujarat , Deep fried pastry stuffed with spicy Moong Dal. Khasta refers to the flaky pastry shell
1 bag lilva or peas
1 bag Boiled Lilva/Peas
Little bit Green Chilies,
Little bit Coriander Leaves
Little bit Zeera
Little bit Ginger/Garlic Paste
Little bit Hing
Little bit Turmeric
Little bit Salt
Little bit Sugar
Little bit Coriander Powder (optional)
Little bit Lime Juice
1 cup Maida
Little bit Salt
½ Tbsp Suji (soaked in warm water)
1 Tbsp Ghee/Oil
Water for Dough
• Into a food processor add Lilva, add green chilies, add coriander leaves and blend to a coarse paste.
• Into a pan heat little bit oil and add jeera, add ginger/garlic paste, add Hing, and turmeric and mix it, add the mixture and mix it well.
• Make the mixture dry and cook little further until the chilies are cooked as well. Add pinch of sugar, add Coriander Powder, squeeze some lime juice and keep aside. MAKE SURE THE MIXTURE IS DRY
• In another dish, add Maida, and some salt and make nice crumbles add soaked Suji, and make crumbles, add little water and knead it to a SOFT dough, let it rest for few minutes.
• Take little bit dough and spread out on a flat surface, add spoonful of Masala, hold the edges together and join them with your hand, pull it out with your index finger and thumb, remove the extra dough and roll the ball slightly between your hands. Do the same with the rest of the dough.
• Fry them of a little less than medium heat, for about 4 minutes, until the kachori get nice light color.
• DON'T FRY THE KACHORIS IN HOT OIL, BUT FRY IN LITTLE LESS THAN MEDIUM HEAT
"Reach vahrehvah at -
Website - http://www.vahrehvah.com/
Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/subscription_c...
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/VahChef.Sanj...
Twitter - https://twitter.com/vahrehvah
Google Plus - https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/1160664...
Flickr Photo - http://www.flickr.com/photos/23301754...
Linkedin - http://lnkd.in/nq25sW
Picasa Photos- http://picasaweb.google.com/118141140...
Blogger - http://vahrehvah.blogspot.in/"