Help The Vegan Zombie: http://bit.ly/SupportTVZ
For full recipe Download Cook & Survive E-Book here http://full.sc/1aixyfO or
Get Hard copy here http://bit.ly/1JDLxAn
FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES:
Subscribe to The Vegan Zombie
The Vegan Zombie
Watch part II http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xocic1...
**WARNING to all viewers with young children, there is some violence and zombies at the end of this video. Viewer discretion is advised.
Watch Jon stumble upon an old 'abandoned' house and use the kitchen to make some delicious vegan spicy black bean burgers!
Spanish Subtitles Translated by Federico Pedro
Spicy Black Bean Burger
makes 5 veggie burgers / 30 min
2 Tbs olive oil
1 large potato diced
1 tsp rosemary died
1 tsp thyme died
1/2 tsp sage died
1 to 3 Tbs chipotle powder
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp pepper
1 cup onion finely chopped
2 cloves garlic grated
1 1/2 cups black beans
1 half poblano pepper diced
1/4 cup vegan cheese shreds i.e. Daiya Shreds OPTIONAL
2 Tbs brown sugar
2/3 to 1 cup vegan breadcrumbs
½ cup flour
2 Tbs canola oil
1 tomato sliced
lettuce for topping
1. Heat olive oil in frying pan on medium heat. Add potato, rosemary, thyme, sage, chipotle powder, sea salt and pepper. Fry for about 5 min. Add onion, garlic and poblano pepper and stir for 5 to 10 min. Don't let the potatoes get too brown. Remove from heat and transfer to mixing bowl. Add black beans and let mixture cool down.
2. Add vegan cheese and brown sugar to the mixing bowl and mash everything together with your hands. Mix in breadcrumbs until you have a firm consistency.
3. Form mixture into 3 inch diameter patties that are about ¾ of an inch thick.
4. Heat canola oil on medium heat in frying pan. Coat veggie patties in flour and place in frying pan. Cook each side for about 5 min. or until they are nicely browned.
5. Serve on bun, lettuce, tomato and choice of condiments.