Imagine yourself playing or singing in tune. Completely in tune. Imagine being able to analyze the exact pitch of your playing. Imagine the possibility to really enhance your ability to hear whether your playing is sharp, flat or pure.
It is now possible with Pitch Primer.
Professional and hobbyist musicians can improve their playing or singing with Pitch Primer, software initially developed by professional musicians for their own needs to hear pitch purity more accurately and to improve their playing. Sibelius Academy, one of the biggest and most respected European music universities has helped these devoted developers to finalize their Pitch Primer software.
Pitch Primer enables the user to analyze audio in real time while recording and also after recording. The software draws a graph of the playing pitch in relation to desired temperament, zooming in and out interactively with playing. No more fumbling off pitch!
PITCH PRIMER HAS FIVE BASIC MODES
1) Record Records audio, enabling the user to analyze it in real time.
2) Standby Tuning mode.
3) Playback Replays audio just as it was recorded.
4) Retune Replays audio retuned pure to desired temperament, enabling the user to hear how the audio would sound in tune.
5) Analysis It is possible to analyze recorded takes, scroll back and forth inside them, zoom in and out to examine the most interesting parts precisely and accurately.
Pitch Primer is designed especially for woodwind and brass instruments, but instruments such as strings, vocals and others can reap the benefits as well.
- Six different temperaments to choose from
- Scales: Chromatic, Major, Minor, Maj Triad, Min Triad
- A Hz: Free frequency calibration (default 440)
- Themes: Five visually appealing skins to choose from
- Adjustable zoom
- Adjustable recording timeout
- History viewable by scrolling
- Histogram: Analyze the whole take - which notes were sharp, which were flat, which were pure and how much each was played
- Volume graph display (Optional)
- Exercises recorded: Keep, delete, rename and analyze
Visit our website at www.siba.fi/pitchprimer/en/home for more information on Pitch Primer features and to see Pitch Primer in action! You have to see it to believe it.
If you have questions, feedback, or want to submit a bug report, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
** NOTE **
iPod Touch requires an external microphone. See our website for further information.