Loading...

Using ancestry DNA to explore our humanness: Anita Foeman at TEDxWestChester

10,409 views

Loading...

Loading...

Transcript

The interactive transcript could not be loaded.

Loading...

Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Published on Mar 31, 2014

What’s hiding in your DNA? While humans share 99% of their genetic material, Anita Foeman shows what the other 1% can teach us about the past and the future.

Anita Foeman has been a Professor in the Department of Communication Studies at West Chester University since 1982 in the same year that she received her PhD in Organizational Communication from the Speech Department at Temple University in Philadelphia, PA. Throughout her career, Dr. Foeman has examined diversity and communication related to organizational, public speaking, and intercultural contexts. Her current work is focused on the social construction of race and identity, examining multiracial families and individuals and exploring the impact of ancestry DNA results on ethnic narratives. She has published more than 40 scholarly articles and made hundreds of scholarly presentations.

In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TEDTalks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. These local, self-organized events are branded TEDx, where x = independently organized TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organized.* (*Subject to certain rules and regulations)

Loading...

Advertisement
When autoplay is enabled, a suggested video will automatically play next.

Up next


to add this to Watch Later

Add to

Loading playlists...