Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Published on Jun 5, 2012
The Cowdery Patient Care Center staff at The Nebraska Medical Center understands there is much on the mind of a cancer patient. This video serves as an introduction to the process of receiving cancer treatment at the center to first-time and returning cancer patients.
Key points the clinic staff would like you to know before your visit:
· Location: 3rd floor of the Lied Transplant Center on The Nebraska Medical Center campus in midtown Omaha
· Closest set of cross streets to this building is 42nd and Emile Streets
· Parking: free valet parking is available Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the semi-circle drive
Points touched on in the video include:
· Eating a small meal before an appointment
· Taking all scheduled medications at their usual time including those scheduled during an appointment
· Bringing a small snack to an appointment
· Checking in for cancer treatment
· Frequency of checking vital signs
· What causes waiting times
· Different room options
· Bringing a friend or family member to cancer treatment
· The process a nurse will go through when setting up a cancer treatment
· Getting blood work checked prior to the next cancer treatment
· Receiving cancer treatment when sick or you have an infection
· Bringing children to the cancer treatment center
For more information about cancer treatment at The Cowdery Care Center at The Nebraska Medical Center call, 1-800-922-0000 or visit www.NebraskaMed.com.