Upload

Loading...

The Captive Heart (1950) showing Aston Rowant railway station on the Watlington Branch Line, Oxon

2,736

Loading...

Loading...

Loading...

Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Uploaded on Jul 12, 2008

Unfortunately incredibly brief shots of Aston Rowant towards the end of the clip with some great terribly, terribly English dialog and shots of some country side somewhere!

Aston Rowant was the next station along from the terminus at Watlington (well, Pyrton actually).

The line closed in 1957, although the station building at Watlington is still there, as is the carriage shed, platelayers huts, coal stage and the brick work of the goods shed.

Thankfully, the Chinnor and Princes Risborough Railway Assocation has since re-opened the line from Thame Junction to Chinnor and rebuilt the station at Chinnor. See www.cprra.co.uk for more details.

When autoplay is enabled, a suggested video will automatically play next.

Up Next


to add this to Watch Later

Add to

Loading playlists...