Green Dal Fry, tempting variation of regular Dal Fry!!
Recipe link : http://www.tarladalal.com/Green-Dal-F...
Subscribe : http://goo.gl/omhUio
Tarla Dalal App: http://www.tarladalal.com/free-recipe...
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TarlaDala...
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/1078836208487...
Tarla Dalal Blogspot: http://tarladalal.blogspot.in/
Green Dal Fry
Bored of the simple dal fry recipe? here's a variation you'll be tempted to try out. Moong and toovar dal are boiled together and then cooked with a wonderful fresh paste of coriander, coconut, ginger, chillies and more. Your family will relish the different taste.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Makes 2 servings.
1/4 cup toovar (arhar) dal
1/4 cup yellow moong dal (split yellow gram)
1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
2 tbsp oil
salt to taste
For The Green Paste
1 cup roughly chopped coriander (dhania)
1/4 cup thinly sliced onions
1/4 cup freshly grated coconut
4 green chillies , roughly chopped
1/2 tsp roughly chopped ginger (adrak)
4 garlic (lehsun) cloves
1 tsp lemon juice
For the green paste
1.Combine all the ingredients and grind in a mixer to a coarse paste adding a little water if required. Keep aside.
How to proceed
1. Clean, wash and soak the dals in enough water for about 30 to 45 minutes. Drain well.
2. Combine the soaked dals, 1 cup of water, salt, turmeric powder, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
3. Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
4. Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the prepared green paste and sauté on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Add the prepared cooked dal, 3/4 cup of hot water and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
6. Serve hot.