Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Published on Apr 1, 2014
Part 33 of my '76 Mazda Cosmo restoration deals with what I would consider to be two important, though miscellaneous, tasks. While waiting for the intercooler parts to arrive I tackled what I thought would be a quick and easy job; building a turbine heat shield. I won't admit how long it took but suffice it to say that the intercooler supplies not only did arrive during the heat shield build, but were also packed away under the car and began to grow shop dust. Regardless of the time it took I must say I'm quite happy with the heat shield as I've seen very few like it. So many of the turbine heat shields on the market are nothing but a bit of bent sheet metal and a mounting bracket. At that point I decided I may as well deal with another small job so I took the time to remove excess OEM equipment from the throttle body and eliminate all the unnecessary vacuum nipples on the upper intake manifold. Included in this episode: turbo turbine heat shield fabrication, turbo assembly/disassembly, template making, stainless steel sheet metal cutting/drilling/grinding/bending, TIG welding stainless, OEM intake manifold extra nipple removal, TIG welding aluminium, FD throttle body simplification