Leet Bix Kid's and Vendetta's TF2 advanced Spy Stab guide. - Video By LBK - written guide by Vendetta.
In Team Fortress 2 there are many different types of stabs that the Spy can employ to get backstabs that would otherwise be impossible .
The most common stabs are:
- Stair Stab (Highly expected now)
- Ramp Stab (as is this)
- Blind stab (It being a blind stab, you have a low chance of it being detected)
- Crunch stab (Your victim will have about 0.3 seconds to avoid this)
But in each stab they require timing and the knowledge of the oppositions running speed, and their weapon which they are wielding.
- Gain a height advantage
- Read the victim's speed and take note of which weapon they are holding
- Jump over victim's head, but holding crouch at the same time
- Hit your forwards key (usually W) to cancel out your momentum
The Stair Stab has all of the basic elements for any other stab; if you can perfect this, you will find you can pull off any other stab with greater ease.
The Ramp Stab
- Basically a stairstab, but you will need to time this a lot differently
- This is because the angle at which your victim is running at you is alot shallower then that of a stair.
- Additionally, your enemy is moving faster due to the shallower angle.
- Set up a Ramp Stab as you would for a Stair Stab
- Jump earlier then you would for a Stair Stab
- You win
- A Stair Stab is a stab that is almost unavoidable.
- On paper it is a stairstab but with an obstacle between you and your victim, such as a 90 degree angle.
- The trick to performing this stab is timing. If you mess your timing up on this stab, you will either overshoot your target and miss your stab completely
or land infront of it and die.
- Set up a stair stab, but put a sharp corner or an obstacle between you and your victim.
- When you jump, plan to land on top of or just behind your victim as they turn the corner
- If you have done this correctly, it will create the illusion of you appearing behind them.
- Crunch Stab
- The Crunch Stab is a Stair Stab, but without the turn. You will find this hit more often than a Stair Stab, as people will read you, and watch for you to turn around. With the Crunch Stab, you don't turn around at all.
- Get a victim to follow you up a slope
- Timing is everything. Jump and crouch, letting your victim run under you.
- Stab downwards.
So in conclusion, if you practice and perfect all of these stabs, you will find yourself surviving a lot more then you usually would.
You will get a lot more points and kills. You will be helping your team by keeping the enemies on respawn.
Thank you for watching.