Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Published on Apr 1, 2007
Situated on the western edge of the New Forest near Ringwood, RAF Ibsley was a busy RAF and USAAF Fighter airfield during WW II. It opened on 15th February 1941, flying activities ceased in 1946, and the station finally closed in 1952. It was used for motorsport until the runway was removed in the 1960s, but various buildings of interest remain including a Control Tower next to where the runway would have been (now large gravel pits), and an impressive Battle HQ situated on top of a hill overlooking the site.