Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Published on Feb 1, 2019
More than 10,000 motorists every month ask if there is a free hpi check available. Get a free car check https://httpslink.com/vehicle-check (not hpi) or watch this video where we explain about hpi data on offer and if a free check if available.
The products provided by Hpi range from £29.97 to £9.99. The standard is £19.99.
No hpi check for free.
The remainder of our video describes the vital exclusions to the £9.99 check and why this product is insufficient for motorists buying a used car.
To surmise, the basic hpi check excludes car finance information, theft checks, mileage discrepancies and a £30,000 data guarantee. As with all car history check services, data is collated from National Insurance Database, MIAFTR (Motor Insurance Anti-Fraud and Theft Register), Police National Computer, DVLA and a variety of others.
Although there is not a free hpi check on the market now, CarVeto does offer a free, initial service.
The vehicle factsheet includes full vehicle details including make, model, age, engine type. Road tax status and associated costs, MOT status, askMID national insurance database status, export status and the region or city where the car is registered.
CarVeto Platinum costs £12.50 and provides similar data to hpi’s £19.99 standard car check. Platinum provides enough data to ensure the car you are buying does not have a hidden history and is legal to buy (or sell).
Supporting UK motorists:
1. CarVeto Platinum is almost 50% cheaper than hpi check for the equivalent product.
2. Largely, CarVeto sources data from the same places as hpi.
3. CarVeto offers a single paid check that removes confusion and uncertainty in the already challenging environment of buying a used car privately or from a dealer.
4. Industry-leading car buyers guide included with every check.
5. A clear Pass, Fail or Warning status that clearly informs if it is safe to buy the car.