Man Cuts Off His 5 Year Old Sisters Head in Front Of Police





The interactive transcript could not be loaded.


Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Published on Jan 30, 2013

Kerby Revelus, 23, fatally stabbed his 17-year-old sister and chopped his 5-year-old sister head in front of a police officer and then turned to his 9-year-old sister with a knife before officers shot him dead.Neighbors and friends said Kerby Revelus seemed confused after returning home several months ago from time in jail.A neighbor, Abdul Kamara, noticed Revelus walking down Belvoir Street as people headed to work, talking nonsensically and taking swigs from a bottle in a brown bag. Kerby talk cryptically about God's purpose for him but other times acted hostile.

"Sometimes he was friendly, and sometimes he would just lose it," said Kamara, 24. "Ever since he came out [of jail] the second time, he wasn't the same."

More details came out about Kerby Revelus, 23, who had been depressed because his criminal record kept him from finding a job.

Revelus stabbed two of his sisters to death and attacked a third sister in their Massachusets family home late Saturday afternoon.

Police received a call of a domestic disturbance at the Revelus home, and officers arrived at the house in less than a minute.

Police kicked in an upstairs door, only to watch Revelus, armed with a kitchen knife, grab his 5-year-old sister, Bianca, and cut off her head. Kerby then went to the bedroom and turned the knife on 9-year-old Saraphina and began stabbing her. A third sister, 17-year-old Samantha, already had been stabbed to death in the same room.

Phone tapes recorded the arrival of police on the second floor and officers ordering Kerby Revelus to "Stop!" and "Get down!"

Kerby Revelus didn't listen. "It was like the officers weren't even there," he said.

Police shot Kerby Revelus dead and one of the officers rushed Saraphina out of the house. She was taken to Boston Medical Center with multiple stab wounds. Police said yesterday that she was recovering and with her parents. Police attempts to resuscitate Samantha were unsuccessful.

So what in the world prompted such violence?

On Friday, the family had been celebrating the youngest girl's 5th birthday. Later the same night, Kerby Revelus got into a fistfight with a neighbor. Investigators are trying to determine why, Wells said, but the dispute somehow triggered the violent attack on his sisters Saturday.

"We don't know the reasons for the fight," Wells said yesterday. "I'm just not sure and the only eyewitness left is the 9-year-old girl."

Five officers have been placed on paid leave, Wells said, and have received counseling for stress and trauma. The officer who witnessed the attack on Bianca was a 10-year veteran of the department. Another officer is a rookie who has been with the department six months.

Revelus had at least two prior gun charges. In 2005, he allegedly showed a gun clip in an attempt to intimidate a package store clerk in Randolph who refused to serve him. In 2007, he was arrested with two other men in a car on Hebron Street in Boston and charged with unlawful possession of a firearm, unlawful possession of ammunition, and unlawful possession of a loaded firearm.


When autoplay is enabled, a suggested video will automatically play next.

Up next

to add this to Watch Later

Add to

Loading playlists...