Learn how to knit a scarf for beginners in this step-by-step video tutorial! This course is designed for complete newbies and beginners, so if you've never held yarn or needles before, then this is course for you!
We'll go over each step of the knitting process (don't worry, there are only 3 steps!) so that you can knit a comfy scarf with any yarn and needles.
/// WHAT YOU'LL LEARN ///
1. Cast On - involves getting the yarn onto your needles
2. Knit Stitch - the bread and butter of knitting. Get this stitch down and you can officially call yourself a knitter!
3. Cast Off - how do you get your scarf off your needles when it's long enough? With the cast off!
* How to choose yarn and needles
* How to get a neat edge using a slipped selvedge
* How to hold your needles (once you're comfortable knitting)
* How to weave in your tail ends so that your scarf is neat and secure
/// MATERIALS ///
⟡ around 350 grams of super bulky yarn. These are similar yarns:
⟡ Lana Grossa Ragazza Lei: https://www.loveknitting.com/lana-gro...
⟡ Wool and the Gang Crazy Sexy Wool: https://www.loveknitting.com/wool-and...
⟡ Malabrigo Rasta: https://www.loveknitting.com/malabrig...
⟡10mm (US 15) knitting needles (plastic): https://www.loveknitting.com/pony-sin...
⟡ 10mm (US 15) knitting needles (rosewood): https://www.loveknitting.com/pony-sin...
/// HOW I KNIT MY SCARF ///
The scarf in the video is knit with around 350 grams of bulky weight yarn.
I casted on 22 stitches and used a US 15/10mm bamboo needle to knit the scarf. The scarf ended up being 9.25" wide and 65" long.
/// VIDEO CHAPTERS ///
0:32 Choosing Yarn and Needles
2:16 Cast On
7:33 Knit Stitch
13:46 Next Row and Pep Talk
16:01 How to Hold Your Needles
18:31 Slipped Selvedge
19:34 Cast Off
24:29 Weaving in Ends
/// HELPFUL VIDEOS FOR BEGINNERS ///
➜ How to Join a New Ball of Yarn: https://youtu.be/I_cHO6R_MBc
➜ How to Fix Dropped Stitches: https://youtu.be/FcKrw4LcWgw
➜ How to Fix Extra Stitches: https://youtu.be/1oP6EyCT93g
SAY HELLO ON THE INTERWEBS!
This video course is brought to you by Sheep & Stitch! Visit us online and say hello! (or bonjour, hei, kon'nichiwa or hola! We love our international viewers!)
Music used in the video:
"Swimming" by Poddington Bear
"Summertime" by YoWiLLLL
* I want to be transparent that the links in the materials list are Amazon affiliate links. This means that, at no cost to you, I will earn a small commission if you decide to make a purchase through the links. I’ve had success using them, which is why I recommend them. However, only buy what you need! Many knitters have used other materials, and their results are just as lovely. The materials list is just a suggestion based on what I have used.