All triathletes can make their triathlon bike leg faster! Check out Mark's 5 top tips for the ultimate time trial bike setup 🚴
Subscribe to GTN: http://gtn.io/SubscribetoGTN
Check out the GTN Shop: http://gtn.io/r
All triathletes can improve their triathlon bike leg and strive for that ultimate TT setup. Mark picks out his 5 tips that will give you the greatest time saving on race day.
- Hydration Setup - drinks can be stored on the frame, between the handlebars, behind the saddle and even on our back. Aero bottles between the handlebars with a straw are the best option for ease of access and efficiency.
- Mechanical Maintenance - a good level of bike maintenance prevents you throwing away the gains in power you have made whilst training. The key moving parts to maintain are the chain, jockey wheels and bearings.
- Gear Choice - increasing the size of the front chain ring to a 55t may enable you to feel more powerful and prevent you running out of gears on a fast course.
- Tyres - a lighter and better quality tyre will both improve the responsiveness of the bike. A change in tyre width will change the feel of the bike and its comfort. A 25mm tyre will also improve your efficiency on the bike due to a lower rolling resistance compared to a 23mm tyre.
- Wheels - deeper section wheels will improve your aerodynamics by reducing the amount of dirty air produced and are therefore a great upgrade to any TT setup.
Let us know what you think is the most important aspect to the ultimate TT setup in the comments below 👇
If you'd like to contribute captions and video info in your language, here's the link 👍 http://gtn.io/q
Watch more on GTN...
📹 What is the Global Triathlon Network? http://gtn.io/GTNExplained
📹 The First Ever GTN Show http://gtn.io/GTNShow1
The Global Triathlon Network (GTN) is the best triathlon YouTube channel, with videos for anyone who loves triathlon: from seasoned Ironman racers to first timers – and everyone in between.
With the help of our pro and Olympic medal winning team, we’re here to inform, entertain and inspire you to become a better triathlete; including videos on:
How to swim, bike, and run faster with expert knowledge
Beat your PB with record-breaking expertise
Get the best from your bike and gear with pro know-how
In-depth, entertaining features from the heart of the sport
Chat, opinion and interact with us across the channel and on social media every week
Join us on YouTube’s best triathlon channel to get closer to the sport and to become a better, faster and fitter triathlete.
Welcome to the Global Triathlon Network.
Thanks to our sponsors:
Cervelo bikes: http://gtn.io/cervelo
Assos of Switzerland clothing: http://gtn.io/Assos
KASK helmets: http://gtn.io/kask
Park Tool: http://gtn.io/parktool
Profile Design: http://gtn.io/profiledesign
Zipp wheels: http://gtn.io/zipp
Quarq powermeters: http://gtn.io/quarq
Vision wheels: http://gtn.io/vision
Team Bath: http://gtn.io/TeamBath
YouTube Channel - http://gtn.io/YouTube
Facebook - http://gtn.io/Facebook
Instagram - http://gtn.io/Instagram
Twitter - http://gtn.io/Twitter
Google+ - http://gtn.io/GooglePlus
Strava Club - http://gtn.io/stravaclub