http://www.legendarystrength.com - Not the best example of backflips in action but info on what you need to do to complete this acrobatic move. Before you attempt to learn how to do a backflip, be warned that performing any acrobatic move is can lead to serious injuries. Do not try this without supervision of a professional and proper facilities. As you can see in this backflip tutorial, there are three main phases - the takeoff, the tuck and the landing. Keep watching the video to get a better insight on how to do a backflip step by step.
Lets be honest - a backflip is one of the most amazing acrobatic skills. One could be doing aerials, front flips or something else, but the backflip definitely leaves a lasting impression - at least for me. Ever since I was a child I've dreamed of performing the perfect back flip, the one you see in the movies. However, my hopes weren't too high since I haven't been able to perform it even on a trampoline.
Not so many years later, I finally learned how to do a backflip easily. However, I still need to work on it since it's not perfect, but still - I can do it!
In this backflip tutorial I am going to explain what you need to do in order to prepare for backflip and successfully perform it.
As I said before, this acrobatic move consist of three phases in this order - The takeoff, the tuck, and the landing.
• The Takeoff •
It's important to notice that the takeoff is not just about how high you jump, but more importantly - what trajectory you take. As a matter of fact, you don't even need to jump high to learn how to do a backflip and land on your feet. It can be helpful, but it's definitely not the most important thing.
Assume a position that is just a little bit behind straight up. If you go forward, you are basically doing a gainer, more complicated move, whereas launching too far back will shorten your jump and prevent you from completing the move. Moreover, keep your arms and hands above your head through the whole process. They are just there to lessen a potential injury in case you botch the move.
• The Tuck •
After you've successfully jumped fully extended at the correct angle, you need to pull your legs in toward your chest in order to rotate and perform the flipping action. For this you need to use your abs and pull as fast and hard as possible to get the rotation. Don't think too much of leaning back, just try to focus to pull hard on the legs and you will eventually flip.
• The Landing •
While you rotate, gravity will do its job and you'll be falling back to the ground. In this moment you will need to stop your rotation and extend once again, landing on your legs. If everything goes the way it should, you'll find yourself back on your feet in a standing position.
• How to do a backflip - easy steps •
1. Use a raised padding to jump and fall back to get use to going backwards
2. With a help of a spot, perform a backflip on a trampoline
3. Now do it by yourself
4. Make use of a pad to do a backflip from a raised height of approximately 3 feet, with a spot
5. Now do it by yourself once again
6. Work down in height gradually until you succeed in doing a backflip without any extra height
7. Be brave and try to do a backflip on the floor without padded landing with a spot
8. Go for the same thing without a spot
9. Practice more outdoors - your best options are sand or grass. Do it with a spot if necessary.
For more information on handstands, acrobatics and bodyweight training check out these great books on Amazon:
• Tumbling Illustrated - gives you 248 different acrobatic moves to master - http://tinyurl.com/ccqwnxk
• Bodyweight Exercises - teaches you a foundation and how to build strength from it in bodyweight training for the whole body - http://tinyurl.com/d8wsoxk
• Walking and Jumping on your Hands - to take you first steps all the way up to stair climbing, dancing and more - http://tinyurl.com/bruyazs
Join me on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/legendarystre...