Organic chemistry: Enamine formation through attack of secondary amines on aldehydes and ketones; enamines as nucleophiles; alkylation of enamines; synthesis problems involving enamines. Aldol condensation; crossed aldol condensation; intramolecular aldol condensation. Claisen condensation; intramolecular Claisen condensation; crossed Claisen condensation; Claisen condensation as a route to ketones. Acetoacetic ester synthesis; malonic ester synthesis. Michael addition; Michael acceptors; Michael donors
This is a recording of a tutoring session, posted with the student's permission.
These videos are offered on a "pay-what-you-like" basis. You can pay for the use of the videos at my website:
For a printable document containing the handout discussed in this video series, go to my website.
For a list of all the available video series, arranged in suggested viewing order, go to my website.
For a playlist containing all the videos in this series, click here:
(1) Enamine formation through attack of secondary amines on aldehydes and ketones
(3) Enamines as nucleophiles; alkylation of enamines
(5) Continued. Synthesis problems involving enamines
(8) Continued. Aldol condensation
(10) Continued. Crossed aldol condensation
(13) Continued. Intramolecular aldol condensation
(16) Continued. More aldol condensation examples
(18) Continued. Claisen condensation
(20) Continued. Intramolecular Claisen condensation
(21) Continued. Crossed Claisen condensation
(22) Continued. Claisen condensation as a route to ketones
(25) Continued. Acetoacetic ester synthesis
(28) Continued. Malonic ester synthesis
(31) Michael addition
(32) Continued. Michael acceptors
(33) Continued. Michael donors
tags: education college student students university exam test educational study campus school class