Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Published on May 30, 2009
This is the second part of the series about coastal towers erected by the Knights of Malta. The first part dealt with the towers built during the reign of Grand Masters Wignacourt and Lascaris. 1658-59 saw the construction of Grand Master Martino De Redin's famous set of 13 coastal watch-towers that were designed to send early warning signals along Malta's coast to Valletta. De Redin completed the set in 1660 with the tower at Mġarr ix-Xini on Gozo's southern coast. See also Ta' Sopu Tower built by Grand Master Cottoner in 1667 in the vicinity of San Blas and Daħlet Qorrot in Gozo.
Music by Arthur Sullivan: Macbeth Overture, Cello Concerto 3rd Movement (extract).