We had some awesome images to review tonight from Clint James - Dallas Texas @2:32 / Frank Griseta - Roselle, Illinois @13:49 / Anthony Knight - North Mankato, Minnesota @27:22 / Scott Nightingale - Newcastle New South Wales @36:00 / Dago Martínez Álvarez - Madrid, Spain @41:34
The photo Q&A begins @48:11 and includes the following questions:
- 48:25 - Is it important to be up on the latest fashions and trends when photographing people?
- 50:32 - If you on a limited budget can you still shoot a portrait with two lights
- 52:11 - I will be shooting full length portraits of dance pupils ranging in age and height (maybe 80 of them). I have 2 x low budget speedlights and 2 x 24” softboxes (or I could use 2 x shoot-through umbrellas). I need to know an ideal height (relative to the subject) and angle to position lights to provide good/even light from head to toe. I am happy to adjust between shots but hope they turn up in age/height order so I can minimise any adjustments.
- 55:25 - How would go about answering potential clients when they ask "how much do you charge?" I don't charge high prices but I think many people just want me to do it for free. Should I lower already low prices (I would do it for less than minimum national wage then) for couple of sessions and raise them later? - 1:00:00 - I am new to taking people photos. I have a hard time after shooting about 150 to 200 photos of a person to come up with new shots. Is this some thing that comes with time or is there something you can do to help you shoot more and different ideas on the same shoot?
- 1:01:19 - What is the best way to place an umbrella to light a white background? I struggle with over correcting shadows in photoshop. They don't always look natural.
- 1:03:13 - I would like to set up a tiny portable studio that I could set up and take down in my home. I would like to be able to do a quick set up in my livingroom in which I could set up and take down very quickly. Do you have any recommendations on backdrops and lighting?
- 1:04:38 - Should I purchase a set of two Digibee DB800's or one DB800 and one Einstein E640?
- 1:06:34 - When you say "retouched" do you mean something like developed in lightroom or edited in photoshop?
I hope you will join me every MONDAY at 6:30pm ET (UTC-4) for a LIVE episode of TOGCHAT™. Each weekly episode of TOGCHAT™ photography livestream includes 60 action packed minutes of Photography Tips, the most constructive Photo Reviews on YouTube and Open mic night for photographers - YOUR questions and MY answers !
Each weekly episode of this live photography show includes the latest in headline photography news as well as a review of 5 images from my I Shoot People! Photographers Group on Facebook in an effort to teach YOU new photography tips, tricks and techniques to improve your photography skills. If you would like to have your image reviewed - be sure to join the group: http://tog.chat/fbgroup
Stay tuned for the second half of each TOGCHAT™ live stream for YOUR photography questions in real time along with my answers. Yup… it’s an open mic night for photographers and your chance to get photography advice from your host - Joe Edelman!
VIEW PAST EPISODES OF TOGCHAT™: http://tog.chat/archive
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS VIDEO
My Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ispph...
SUBSCRIBE so that you don’t miss NEW VIDEOS!
MY WEBSITE & BLOG
WANNA SEE MY GEAR?
Help me HELP YOU: http://tog.chat/patreon
or donate via PayPal: http://tog.chat/paypal
SHOP FOR TOGSWAG℠
MODELS SHOULD VISIT
- Like & Follow on FACEBOOK: http://tog.chat/facebook
- Follow on TWITTER: http://tog.chat/twitter
- Follow on INSTAGRAM: http://tog.chat/instagram
- Check my boards on PINTEREST: http://tog.chat/pinterest
- Connect on LINKEDIN: http://tog.chat/linkedin
- Connect on GOOGLE+: http://tog.chat/googleplus
FTC Disclosure: No sponsors have paid for or provided equipment or material shown in this video