Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Published on Jun 20, 2016
Smart robotic automation isn’t just in science fiction films anymore. These robots in manufacturing are already collaborating with workers, changing the way products are developed, making maintenance smarter and more efficient.
But will robotic automation in factories mean job losses? How will engineers within manufacturing be affected?
Experts on the Let’s Talk panel discuss how jobs will evolve as new types of knowledge and skills will be required of those at work in manufacturing.
Want to learn more? Watch the video. Here are the different topics covered:
- Robot vs Smart Robot – what is the difference in robotic automation 01:17
- Evolution of Smart Robotics – technology, industry trends, market analysis 01:54
- Advantages/Disadvantages of Smart Robotics – benefits, possible job losses 08:34
- Product Development/Maintenance – how robotic automation will affect maintenance and product development, education, skills and competencies 13:39
- The Future with Smart Robotics – new business models, computer-integrated manufacturing, factory of the future, predictions 18:18
SKF is changing the world through the power of knowledge and engineering. SKF started in 1907 as a bearing company, but today we make everything from lubrication systems to mechatronics. You can find our products & solutions in almost anything that rolls or moves, from space shuttles to skateboards.