This is a rich, sweet, caffeinated treat, that's anything but your average cup of coffee. FULL RECIPE BELOW
New drink recipes air weekly, so make sure you subscribe to Tastemade for this and lots of other great new programming.
Directed/Shot/Edited: Eric Slatkin
VIETNAMESE COFFEE RECIPE
- Condensed Milk (2 TBL - We recommend Longevity Brand)
- COFFEE (1.5 TBL - We recommend Trung Nguyen)
- Water (2-3 OZ)
- Add coffee to Phin Filter (see below), and shake to make sure it's even
- Lay the Press into the Filter, either screwing on or pressing down (depending on your model)
- Add a dash of boiling water (this allows for an even extraction)
- Wait 1 minute, and then fill to the top with water
- The typical extraction should be 3-5 minutes
- Stir. Enjoy. Repeat.
A note about the Phin Filter: This filter is available at many Asian Groceries, and comes in a variety of styles. We used the Press that screws on, but any kind should work great.
FYI, you can buy the Coffee here - http://trung-nguyen-online.com/
And check out this great illustrated recipe: