These are THE BEST homemade pancakes and are Gryffindor style! They are topped with cream cheese whipped cream, Gryffindor house stars and Harry Potter's glasses! From another house? Make green and white pancakes for Slytherin, yellow and black for Hufflepuff and blue and brown for Ravenclaw! Stay tuned for a FULL week of Harry Potter recipes! FULL RECIPE BELOW! xx
Harry Potter Pancakes Recipe
Ingredients (makes approx. 10 medium pancakes)
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 cup milk
2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1 large egg
cooking spray, for frying pan
red and yellow food coloring
5 red starburst candies
5 yellow starburst candies
¼ cup black candy melts
1 cup 35% whipping cream (cold)
1/3 cup cream cheese
3 tbsp confectioner’s sugar (not shown in video, because I forgot lol)
red and yellow food coloring
Edible gold star sugar sprinkles (linked below)
Make the decorations:
1. Unwrap the starburst candies and place them in a dish. Microwave for about 10 seconds, or until just warm and malleable. Roll each starburst into a log and place them on a sheet of parchment paper, alternating between red and yellow starburst. Place another sheet of parchment paper on top. Use a rolling pin to flatten the starburst and create one solid piece of candy. Set aside and allow to cool at room temperature. Spray a small star-shaped cookie cutter with cooking spray and cut out star shapes.
2. Melt the black candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl for 30 second intervals, until melted. Place the melted candy melts in a piping bag and snip off the end to create a medium-sized round tip. Place a sheet of parchment paper on a flat tray or small cutting board. Draw Harry Potter’s glasses with the candy melts. Place the entire tray into the fridge and chill while you make the pancakes.
Make the whipped cream:
1. Pour the whipped cream, cream cheese and confectioner’s sugar into a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
2. Place the bowl in the fridge while you make the pancakes.
Make the pancakes:
1. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl. In a larger bowl, combine the milk, butter and egg and whisk until fully combined. Add the dry ingredients and whisk together, but make sure not to overmix. Some lumps are fine! Divide into 2 bowls and dye the batter red and yellow.
2. Heat a frying pan over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Dollop 2-3 tbsp of batter onto the frying pan and smooth the surface with the spoon. Cook until the surface of the pancakes develop some bubbles, about 1-2 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, or until the surface has browned. Continue with the rest of the batter.
1. Stack the pancakes, alternating between red and yellow.
2. Fit a piping bag with a large, star-shaped piping tip. Use a clean, food-safe paintbrush to brush vertical stripes of red and yellow food coloring onto the insides of the bag. Carefully dollop the whipped cream into the bag, then squeeze to bring the whipped cream down to the piping tip. Pipe a little bit on a plate, until the colors start to appear.
3. Pipe a swirl of whipped cream on top of the pancakes. Decorate with the candy stars, chocolate glasses and gold star sprinkles.
Food coloring: https://amzn.to/2MnGvji
Electric mixer: https://amzn.to/320QKjU
Piping bags: https://amzn.to/2LWDuHu
Star piping tip: https://amzn.to/2OvBDLr
Black candy melts: https://amzn.to/31YF80J
Food-safe paintbrush: https://amzn.to/30VfBo8
Gold star sprinkles: https://amzn.to/2Vobyj1
Video background (it's a Platform 9 3/4 shower curtain!): https://amzn.to/322db8k
Subscribe to my Channel!
New videos Monday-Friday every week this month! YAY! Make sure you tune in!
As always, thank you!!
For all of you who are amazing and have read this far, here is a clue for Wednesday (I forgot to upload on Monday. Like seriously. So you get one on Wednesday afternoon and one Wednesday evening! YAY): Mermaid and drinks!
This is not a sponsored video.