The Gayatri Mantra is a highly revered mantra in Hinduism. It is found in all four Vedas. Gayatri is seen as a Divine awakening of the mind and soul, and within it a way to reach the most Supreme form of existence, and the way to Union with Brahman. Understanding, and purely loving the essence of the Gayatri Mantra is seen by many to be one, if not the most powerful ways to attain God. Krishna declares in the Bhagavad-Gita (Song of the Lord) that of mantras, He is Gayatri.
* Gayatri Mantra transliteration: om bhūr bhuvaḥ svaḥ tat savitur vareṇyaṃ bhargo devasya dhīmahi dhiyo yo naḥ pracodayāt
* Gayatri Mantra means: "Oh God, the giver of life, remover of pains and sorrows, bestower of happiness and creator of the universe You are most luminous, pure and adorable. We meditate on Thee. May You inspire and illumine our ntellect that we may perform noble and virtuous actions".
* Gayatri Mantra translation by my friend http://www.youtube.com/user/OmBhuvah ---Throughout the experience of life THAT essential nature illuminating existence is the adorable ONE. May all beings perceive through subtle and mediative intellect the brilliance of enlightened awareness.
---DAS,was durch die Erfahrungen des Lebens hindurch unsere Existenz beleuchtet, das ist das verehrungswürdige EINE. Mögen alle Wesen durch einen subtilen und meditativen Verstand die Großartigkeit des erleuchteten Bewußtseins erfahren.
* Gayatri Mantra (Traditional) translation: om - Para Brahman (Supreme Being) bhūr - Bhu Loka (physical plane), which also refers to the body made up of pancha (five) bhutas (elements) i.e. 5 elements of prakriti [nature]. bhuvah - Bhuva Loka (middle astral plane). Bhuva is also prana-shakti (life energy). svaha - Swarga Loka (causal plane) tat - That, Paramatman, Super-Soul savitur - From which all is born varenyam - Worthy of worship bhargo - Radiance, Spiritual effulgence, Light that bestows Wisdom devasya - Divine Reality dhīmahi - We meditate dhiyo - Wisdom, Intellect yo - Which nah - Our pracodayāt - Enlighten
* Gayatri Mantra (New Age / Cosmic) translation: om - The mystical OM syllable bhūr - Observer space bhuvah - Intermediate space svaha - Light space tat - That savitur - Creator of varenyam - Desirable, excellent bhargo - Radiance, lustre, splendour, glory devasya - God dhīmahi - May we attain dhiyo - Meditation, thought, intellect yo nah - May this light pracodayāt - Enlighten our minds