Break out your Christmas sweaters, it's Eggnog time! Whether you love it or hate it, Eggnog is a full on holiday tradition, and nothing tastes better than homemade. FULL RECIPE BELOW.
New drink recipes air weekly, so make sure you subscribe to Tastemade for this and lots of other great new programming.
Video: High Beam - http://www.hitthehighbeam.com
Food Styling: Danielle Westberg
Music: The Andrews Sisters - "Jing-A-Ling, Jing-A-Ling" courtesy of Jasmine Records
HOMEMADE EGGNOG RECIPE:
- 12 Large Eggs
- 1.5 Cups Baker's Sugar
- 4 Cups Whole Milk
- 4 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Tbs Grated Fresh Nutmeg
- 1 Whole Vanilla Bean
- 2 Tbs Whipped Cream
- 20oz Brandy (optional)
- Clark Griswold Moose Mug (optional)
- Separate egg yolks and egg whites into individual mixing bowls.
- Whisk egg yolks and slowly add in the sugar until well blended.
- Add egg yolks to serving bowl along with milk, heavy cream, vanilla and nutmeg.
- Whisk well, and add brandy if you're making an alcoholic version.
- Mix your egg whites in a separate bowl until they form stiff peaks.
- Fold in your egg whites into your serving bowl along with the whipped cream, leaving some for garnish.
- Grate fresh nutmeg on top, serve and enjoy!