Published on Mar 6, 2012
DEBATE: Which Is The One True Church
According To The Bible?
With Jesse Romero, M.A.
On Fire Evangelization
Jesse Romero (Catholic-Christian apologist) vs Jose Ventilacion ("Iglesia ni Cristo" apologist)
Watch as a popular Catholic apologist/evangelist Jesse Romero defends the Catholic Church in a debate with Jose Ventilacion (a well known apologist, theologian and debater for "Iglesia ni Cristo").
The Iglesia ni Cristo (INC), which is Tagalog for "Church of Christ", claims to be the true church established by Christ, and Felix Manalo, its founder, proclaimed himself God's prophet. Regrettably, Iglesia ni Cristo i one of may groups today that claim to be the true Church, and Manalo is one of many individuals claiming to be God's prophet.
However, as John Henry Cardinal Newman said, "If ever there were safe truth, it is this.. And Protestantism has ever felt it so... To be deep in history is to cease to be a Protestant" and as Scripture instructs, "He who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him." (Proverbs 18:17)
In this 2 videos (derived from DVDs), Jesse Romero clearly and effectively outlines why Iglesia ni Cristo does not stand the test of time and cannot be the Church that Jesus Christ founded.
Using copious amounts of sacred Scripture to prove his position in the debase, Jesse offers a verse-by-verse explanation of the Catholic Church's authrity as given from Jesus to St. Peter.
After you watch this debate, you will thank God that you are a Catholic (a member of the True Church founded by Jesus Christ)!
In this 2-Video presentation, you will learn:
- Why the "New Evangelization" requires that we learn the art of "explaining the Catholic faith intelligently, defending it charitably and sharing it effectively"
- Why the challenge to stand for the truth has never been greater
- How apologetics anchors us to the rock-solid truths of 2,000 years of Christianity
- Why the Christianity of history is not Protestantism
- Why the INC is just one of the many garden variety, anti-Catholic, fundamentalist denominations that cropped up in the 20th century
- And much, much, more!
Standard YouTube License