After a massive Pokedex increase, we find ourselves at the Game Corner, ready to discover what exactly Team Rocket is doing there. Whatever it is....it probably isn't good....
Pokedex Progress (55/151):
- Golbat (Sir Swoop)
- Sandslash (Sanddeath)
- Parasect (Toadbert)
- Dugtio (K-Man)
- Kabuto (Pond)
- Charmander (PaperMarioGuy)
- Bulbasaur (Shadowy)
- Jolteon (Dr. Love)
- Wigglytuff (Madamepuff)
Also, here are the nicknames I gave to pokemon who formerly didn't have nicknames.
Paras/Parasect - Toadbert
- Reference to Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. A toad in that game.
Nidorina - Anne
- Someone actually suggested this in the comments. Because we fought so many Nidorans at the S.S. Anne, and because Nidoran ends with "an," it's pretty clever. It also sets up...
Nidorino - Andy
- ...this as well, which is kind of the same thinking, but it's also a reference to Advance Wars. =P
Weepinbell - Chives
- I still love this name. I love whoever suggested it.
Wartortle - Caboose
- I know a lot of you were pushing for a "koopa" related name, but because Bulbasaur and Charmander were being named after the KoopaNinjaBros group, I just had to keep the trio alive. It is appropriate though, because Caboose is part of the "Koopa"NinjaBros. =P
Beedrill - HoneyQueen
- Took the easy route here and just made a Mario reference. What are you going to do? Sue me? =P I actually thought about making a Hunger Games reference with the Tracker Jackers (the bees that attacked the tributes), but I didn't want a name like "T.Jackers" or "TrackerJack"
Pidgeotto - Dyna Blade
- It's not named in the videos yet, and won't be until Episode #24, but someone in the Blargg Pit chat named this and I couldn't ignore the Kirby reference behind it.
So Pokemon that still need to be named.....Raticate, Fearow, Butterfree, Hypno, and Gyarados. If you have suggestions, keep letting me know.