Published on Jun 7, 2011
This video is of Fedora 15, but the steps are exactly the same as for Fedora 17 and 16.
Please leave feedback or any questions. Instructions below:
1. Go to www.fedoraproject.org, click Download and download the 32 bit if your PC is older. Get the 64 bit if you're running an Intel i3 or later computer.
2. Open the downloads folder, right-click the fedora file you downloaded and in Windows 7, click 'burn to image' with a blank CD-R in your CD drive.
3. Once finished, restart your PC. in the bottom left corner it shows the button you need to tap repeatedly on start up to enter the BIOS. Usually it is Del, F12 or the ESC. Find out, restart and tap the button until BIOS appears.
4. Change the boot priority order so the Primary device is the CD-Rom drive. use the keyboard with the Enter key and Escape to navigate the menus and make this change. Save and exit.
5. Fedora disc should boot. choose boot, and once done, choose Install to hard drive. Fill out the forms.
6. Once complete, restart and enter BIOS again, tap the button and put your hard drive back as the first device.
7. When Fedora starts there's one more menu to fill in. Then it has competed. Also during startup, to enter the GRUB menu, it will prompt you to press any key to enter. You can choose to boot Fedora or Windows if you have that installed also.
Music: "Land of Passion" - Hubert Laws
Standard YouTube License