Uploaded on Aug 17, 2011
yeah you know just don't die:
1) MAKE SURE YOU BRING FOOD (THAT ISN"T CANDY), it's rediculously helpful to bring small food items or snacks if your staying for the weekend, even if you go home at night, becuase even though the website says there's food nearby...well its kind of a walk, plus why spend money on food when you could be spending it on cosplay/anime stuff!?!?!?! (lunchables are fantastic, becuase they don't take up much room in your bag, and theyre healthy, not messy, and quick to eat)
2) BACKUP SUPPLIES: whether it be basic makeup supplies, tape/glue, marker, scissors, tampons, hairclips, w/e make sure you have what you need
3) PLAN AHEAD. look at the schedual and decide what panels you want to go to, look at the map of the convention center so you have a general idea where everything is, etc
4)if your staying the whole weekend, you will ,iss out on some sleep..and by some, i mean ALOT. DO NOT EAT A BUNCH OF CANDY/ENERGY DRINKS later in the day to keep yourself awake, you will end up crashing, and feeling terrible. try eating healthy food like fruit, or pasta in order to keep your energy up. also if need be, don't be afriad to take a power nap
5) If your cosplaying, the longer you spend working on your costume, the better it will be, and the more people will ask for pictures, etc. your hard work will pay off, and don't be afraid to go all out
6) $, bring lots of it.
7)Camera! there will be lots of things that you'll be wanting a camera for (pictures and video too)
8) CON ETIQUETTE! be nice, if your mean and tell people they look stupid, everyone around you just may jump to that persons defense and you...well..lets just say it won't be pretty. ALSO, try to tone down the annoying factor a little bit, and relax. if others are bugging you, just try to be patient and try to aim their annoyingness somewhere else without being mean.
9) STRANGER DANGER NO LONGER EXISTS! honestly, don't be afraid to talk to random strangers, play morton's list with them w/e, don't worry if some dude approaches you, its normal. just be careful before you do anything TOO out of line like..go to their hotel room...or get in their car...buddy system is good in these situations
10) EXPLORE, play new games, meet new people, don't be afraid to try things you've never done before whether it be watching a new show in one of the video rooms, or singing badly during kareoke, just try to have as much fun as possible, and it'll make the con that much more enjoyable ^^
Standard YouTube License