Register to join the LEARNAKAN FLUENCY CLUB: https://bit.ly/2oyhGc8
Hello guys, you're welcome to lesson 15 under the Common Twi Expressions series. Today, we're looking at 25 of the most common phrases you're likely to come by while you're in Ghana.
You may support my work by donating any amount here:
Need Twi study materials? Visit our e-store:
The 25 phrases covered are:
1. 'Welcome' in Twi
2. 'Thank you' in Twi
3. 'How are you?' in Twi
4. 'I'm well' in Twi
5. 'Please' in Twi
6. 'Sorry' in Twi
7. 'Yes' in Twi
8. 'No' in Twi
9. 'Where are you from?' in Twi
10. 'I'm from...' in Twi
11. 'Do you understand English?' in Twi
12. 'Do you speak English?' in Twi
13. 'How do you say ... in Twi?' in Twi
14. 'Write it for me; Write it down' in Twi
15. 'You're invited (to eat with me)' in Twi
16. 'I'm lost' in Twi
17. 'Can you show me the place?' in Twi
18. 'Can you take me there?' in Twi
19. 'I'm hungry' in Twi
20. 'I'm not feeling well' in Twi
21. 'Where's the toilet/washroom?' in Twi
22. 'I'm looking for...' in Twi
23. 'Where's the hospital?' in Twi
24. 'Help me; I need your help' in Twi
25. 'Farewell' in Twi
For the text version of this and other lessons, please visit:
If you need to look up a word in Twi, please visit:
You may join other Twi learners on our Facebook page:
ABOUT THIS CHANNEL
Learn Twi with my effective Twi language lessons!
Hi, my name is Stephen Awiba, known here as Yaw (I'm a proud Thursday born :)). I started the LearnAkan project in 2016, aimed at promoting the reading, writing, and speaking of the Akan language around the world. The project, so far, comprises of:
1. the free Twi e-learning website: https://www.learnakan.com
2. the online English-Twi dictionary: https://www.mytwidictionary.com
3. the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/learnakan
4. this YouTube channel.
Here, you will find lessons touching on Twi grammar, Twi vocabulary, Commonly-used Twi phrases, Twi conversational skills, Twi pronunciation skills, as well as general videos about Ghana, the Akan people and their culture.
Nice to meet you! Akwaaba!
ABOUT LEARNAKAN.COM (https://www.learnakan.com)
LEARNAKAN.COM is a free e-learning website dedicated to helping people from around the world to read, write, and speak the Akan language of Ghana, in a simple, fun manner.
Founded in June 2016 by Stephen Awiba (Yaw), the website features a wide range of useful text lessons touching on Twi Grammar, Twi vocabulary, commonly-used Twi phrases, Twi conversational skills, Twi pronunciation skills, and general topics on Ghana, the Akan people, and their culture.
ABOUT MYTWIDICTIONARY.COM (https://www.mytwidictionary.com)
MYTWIDICTIONARY.COM is your ultimate online destination for English to Twi and Twi to English translations.
The website was launched on March 6, 2018 (commemorating Ghana's 61st independence anniversary) to form part of the broader LEARNAKAN project. MYTWIDICTIONARY.COM is ideal for Twi learners of all levels, linguists, and other professionals who use the Twi dialect of the Akan language in their lines of work.
STEPHEN AWIBA (YAW) ON SOCIAL MEDIA