Emerging Europe Live is a series of engaging studio panel discussions about topics relevant to the region. They are recorded live and feature a selection of renowned experts, businesses and institutions.
The first episode in the series is entitled CEE: The Outsourcing Destination.
It features a special interview with the Minister for Economy of Bulgaria, a country that was named the Outsourcing Destination of 2015 by the UK-based National Outsourcing Association. The interview isfollowed by a discussion among experts and practitioners: Kerry Hallard, CEO of the National Outsourcing Association; Elias van Herwaarden, EMEA Service Leader for Global Location Strategies, Deloitte; Iglika Yordanova, Managing Director for Colliers International, Bulgaria and Scott Newman, Senior Vice President and Managing Director for State Street Bank GmbH, which has two outsourcing centres in Poland with almost 3,000 employees.
We discussed the following topics:
• What the most recent trends are in the sector.
• What companies who want to outsource to the CEE region are looking for;
• Which particular CEE locations are the most attractive; which are the most promising ones/rising stars;
• What the advantages of the CEE region are and how can the region differentiate itself from competing locations
• Why the CEE region, as a whole, is becoming increasingly popular as far as the outsourcing sector is concerned.
• Which cities/countries stand out when we look at their value propositions (human resources, office space, quality of life, etc.?)
• How investors’ needs have changed over the last few years when it comes to locating their outsourcing centres?