For the first time ever using Google Trekker technology, attractions such as Mackinac Island, Sleeping Bear Dunes and Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore – not previously accessible on Google Street View – now have 360 degree, fully navigable imagery that will allow potential travelers to explore these destinations to inspire and plan a visit to Michigan.Through a partnership between Pure Michigan and Google Maps, many of Michigan’s most iconic destinations are now accessible to people all around the world through Google Maps.
More than 44,000 panoramic photos were taken as the Trekker traveled for four weeks, capturing some of the most breathtaking scenes around Michigan. Images include a view from the top of the Mackinac Bridge, one of the world’s longest suspension bridges; Sleeping Bear Dunes, Good Morning America’s Most Beautiful Place in America (2011); and Mackinac Island, the only place in America where vehicles have been banned for more than 100 years.
to view the images.
Some of the locations include:
• Detroit Riverwalk: http://puremi.ch/1AwjwTv
• Ford Field: http://puremi.ch/1GNw7Kd
• Fort Gratiot Lighthouse: http://puremi.ch/1DghnT5
• Island Loop Route National Water Trail: http://puremi.ch/1BeCUEA
• Mackinac Bridge (top of the tower): http://puremi.ch/18HAhEy
• Mackinac Island: http://puremi.ch/1b8hZ13
• Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore: http://puremi.ch/1x262nQ
• Silver Lake State Park: http://puremi.ch/1EbFP2V
• Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore: http://puremi.ch/1GAMaHT
• Tahquamenon Falls State Park: http://puremi.ch/1Fjk5Xc
View dozens more at http://www.michigan.org/Goo...