♡ RECIPES DOWN BELOW! ♡
THUMBS UP for more of these videos!! What did you eat today?! Share your recipes down below so we can all get on the wave :)
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
Annual Family Reunion - https://youtu.be/ahcZViQejpQ
StoryTime: My Online Dating Nightmare - https://youtu.be/IqAoBemF1Vg
How Well Do You Know Me? Sister Tag - https://youtu.be/_PZ74aKjTas
Let's Be Friends!
-FRIED EGGS WITH SPINACH AND ROMESCO-
1. In a non-stick frying pan, heat 1 teaspoon oil until hot but not smoking. Crack the eggs directly into the pan and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the whites have set and the yolks are slightly runny, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
2. Add the spinach to the pan, season with salt, and cook until just wilted, 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Transfer the spinach and eggs to individual plates and spoon the romesco sauce (roasted peppers - almonds - garlic - sherry vinegar - oil - salt - paprika) on top. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve.
-MANGO MATCHA SMOOTHIE-
1. Peel and coarsely chop the ginger. In a blender, combine the ginger, mango, matcha, spinach, coconut milk, chia seeds, maple syrup with 1 cup crushed ice. (I added oats for thickness and health of course!)
2. Pour into glasses and serve.
-TROUT WITH TAMARIND, BARBERRIES AND HERBS-
1. Pat the trout dry with a paper towel. Season generously with salt and pepper. Peel and thinly slice the onion. Let the tamarind sauce base come to room temperature.
2. In a pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the trout fillets, skin side down, and cook until the skin is browned but the flesh is only partly cooked, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer the trout to a plate. Add the onions to the pan and cook over medium heat, stirring often, until caramelized, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the heat. While the onions cook, chop the herbs and prepare the pasta (you can use brown rice or couscous)
3. Coarsely chop the cilantro. Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. In a pot over medium heat, warm 2 to 3 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the shredded carrots and cook until just softened, about 1 minute. Add ½ cup water and bring to a boil. While the sauce simmers, finish the trout.
4. To the pan with the onions, add the tamarind sauce base, cilantro, parsley, barberries, and ½ cup water. Stir well to blend, season with salt, and bring to a boil. Nestle in the trout fillets, skin side up. Reduce to a simmer and cook until the trout are opaque and flaky, 2 to 3 minutes. While the trout simmers, finish the pasta.
5. Transfer the pasta to individual plates. Top with the trout. Spoon the onions, barberries, and tamarind sauce on top and serve!